Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Back-Posts


Blogger's been having some issues this past week and I couldn't seem to get anything to post.  Determined to get my 31 days in for May, I am going to back-post and get caught up.

My husband is taking a photography class this month.  However, this is not one of his pictures.  I've always wanted to take 'close-up' pictures of the moon phases.  My little Sony camera, while it has done it's job well, does not have the capability to zoom in enough to effectively take the shots I'm seeking.  So I got creative - I shot this picture through my field goggles (binoculars) with my camera, and here's what I got.  It's not great, but I was impressed that it even worked to begin with.  I am hoping to get some better moon photos if ever this rain will pass and acquiesce to the clear night sky.  Preferably with a bright full moon.  This time I will use my husband's camera instead of trying to balance mine and my field goggles.

And by the way, the term 'field goggles' was learned from my dear old ornithology professor way back when.  I've never been able to go back to 'binoculars' since.

No comments:

Post a Comment