Sunday, January 30, 2011

Colorful Turkey Casserole


I really must share this recipe as it is fairly quick and easy and surprisingly yummy!! The pictures just don't do it justice! The recipe is from the Kitchen of Ginny Vietmeier - I have to be honest, I don't personally know Ginny, but I feel it only right to give credit where credit is due. Who knows, maybe one day she'll Google herself and find that she's been written about; and that just might make her day. Thanks Ginny for the wonderful recipe!

Colorful Turkey Casserole

1 (6 oz) pgk. stuffing mix
3/4 c. butter
3 c. zucchini diced (I add half zucchini and half yellow squash)
2 c. cooked turkey diced
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 medium carrot, shredded
1/2 c. chopped onion
1/2 c. sour cream
1/4 c. Craisins

Combine stuffing mix and melted butter (save 1/2 c. for topping). Add zucchini, turkey pieces, soup, carrot, onion, sour cream, and Craisins to the remaining mixture.

Transfer to a greased 2 quart baking dish. Sprinkle top with remaining stuffing.

Bake uncovered at 350 degrees F for 40-45 minutes.

Serves 6 - Prep time 20 minutes

My husband and I double the recipe so we can have left overs to feed us during the week. Just something to think about.

The baby buns are going to be 8 weeks this Wednesday. Where does time go? Here's my favorite, Gray Baby Cinders sitting in my hat on my (messy) desk watching me work. He's a sweetie. I say 'he' but Lord only knows what they actually are. I still can't tell. All look the same still. We let them romp in the kitchen this afternoon and gave them their first combing and nail trip. Some did better than others, but I certainly don't expect perfect little angels for their first time. This week will be 'weening week'. I'm sure Mama Buns is ready and things are getting a bit crowded in their cage now.

3 comments:

  1. Sexing bunnies is alot like sexing chicks. You turn them upside down, find their genital area, squeeze a little on either side (don't be surprised if you squeeze out a little bit of poo as well) and see what pops out! Girls have a more slit like appearance, and boys have a definite protrusion! Hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That casserole sounds fantastic. I'm definitely gonna have to try it. Thanks for sharing the recipe!

    The bunnies are way too cute. Almost makes me want to break my rule that we get no new animals that aren't food. Almost. Too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ laura - oh boy, chicks are hard too. I've done just what you suggested but the parts still look, for the most part, the same. I suppose once the boys get "boy parts" I'll know for sure. I've sexed a lot of animals but not bunnies. How tricky! Thanks so much for your advice! One of these days I'll post "They're sexed!" One day....

    @Rae - oh the angoras are SO sweet! And their functional - fiber. That's our rule too - animals must have a function! Since I'm a spinner, they're functional. And for the recipe! I hope you find it as yummy as we do. Let me know!

    ReplyDelete