Tuesday, December 14, 2010

FO: (More Than) 198 Yards of Heaven



This was a lesson. I had never knitted a lace-like pattern before, let alone an actual shawl. I have to say, I'm pretty proud of myself for completing a project like this. For those of you who don't know me well enough, I have a tendency to start many projects and few ever really get finished. I was a determined knitter this time. This was also the first item that I ever blocked before. I wish I would have taken at least one picture of what the shawl actually looked like before being blocked. You can't really see any of the lacey pattern. Blocking involves wetting the object then stretching it out to create what you see in the pictures and letting it dry. That's what these pictures show. I did modify the pattern just a bit; mainly to make it longer, then followed some other Ravelry knitters mods to finish the border. Many thanks to them for all they helpful instructions. The pattern is not intended for beginners (in many ways I still am), but you can always find help on Ravelry.

The second best thing about this shawl is that it is 100% processed by me (outside of being shorn). I washed, carded, spun, then knit. It took about a month to complete, but boy is it ever warm!

BTW - the buns are doing just fine. We do have a runt and are supplementing his feeding, but he's going strong. So I'm hopeful that he will grow up healthy and happy. More on them later...

No comments:

Post a Comment