Sunday, December 5, 2010

Handmade Christmas


I'm so happy with our Christmas tree this season. This is our first tall tree! I've been working the past few months on some origami ornaments and decided to take what I've made adorn our tree. Many of our Christmas's have been 'handmade'. I wouldn't have it any other way. There's nothing nicer than knowing that someone put the time and thoughtfulness into your gift. I find handmade, up-cycled, or even re-gifted presents to be some of the one's that I cherish the most.

So I'm going with that theme again this year and following suite with a 'handmade' Christmas tree.


I just finished creating my own garland for the tree this evening. This was an idea I got from a gift that my wonderful mother made for me a few years ago. It's very simple and fairly quick and easy to do. Especially if you've got multiple pairs of hands to help.


I used two strings of 60 LED lights and four yards of homespun fabric. The fabric was cut into 6 inch by 1 inch strips and tied between each of the lights. That's it! So simple, yet so beautiful!

Give it a try! And if you are interested in making the origami stars, here is one of many web tutorials.

No comments:

Post a Comment