Sunday, December 5, 2010

A Farming Movement


As I was reading one of my favorite blogs this morning, it got me pondering on some of the other blogs I follow, and some of the people that I've met and become acquainted with the past few years. Maybe it's just because this is what I've chosen to surround myself with, but I'm starting to see the 'movement'. The farming movement. People making a conscious choice to do something better. To live off the land. To take the bounty that God has given and run with it. Against all odds and the knowledge that they could fall flat on their faces, they jump right in hoping to make a better future for themselves and those to come after them. We all have our own reasons, but I think we work for a common goal. And for those who cannot themselves farm, there is more of a support of our local farmers and CSAs.

This is a good feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment