Friday, May 21, 2010

Today was our first Geocaching day of the season. We only found 5 caches all together, but had a blast bush-whacking through the woods. Well, maybe "blast" is too strong of a word. But we had a good time. We climbed high and searched low, traversed many a muddy land, and I even solidified the knowledge that I'm really not allergic to Poison Ivy. If I was, I would be a itchy mess as we speak! I couldn't believe all the Poison Ivy we paraded through today; and me with my capris and Crocs on!

If you're not familiar with Geocaching, click on the link and check it out! It's loads of fun, and there's something for everyone! From the little tots to those who may feel limited by their mobility. It's like a giant treasure hunt. You seek, you find, and you log your visit to share and keep track of all the caches you've come across. It's free to join as a basic member and even the iPhone has an App for it! To be honest with you, I use my iPhone more than I use my GPS anymore. The only downfall to this is that if you don't have reception, you won't be able to track the cache.

So give it a go! You might be surprised what goodies are hidden right close to your own neighborhood!

No comments:

Post a Comment