Friday, December 18, 2009

Who wouldn't want to pick up a chicken?

Good morning from the farm! Another cold day, but not nearly as cold as it was last week. The chickens seem to be adjusting well to the colder weather. Of course, no eggs since Thanksgiving, but I realize that is to be expected. In fact, some of my chickens are still molting. Pumpkin, for instance, looks like death warmed over. I'm glad someone warned me beforehand that they can look this bad or I would have been quite worried. She is after all my best egg layer. I love the chickens in the morning, though! They are so fun to watch pop out of the coop when I first open it up. Moses, my large red rooster, is always the first out. But I think my favorite to watch hop around are my three silikies with their little 'pantaloon' rumps!

No comments:

Post a Comment