Sunday, December 27, 2009

We got home just as the sun was setting last night. It was the first time I left my chickens all alone and was anxious to make sure everyone was okay. It's not always easy to find someone to 'chicken sit' during the holidays, but I knew the cold weather was going to break, so I didn't have to worry about frozen water buckets in the morning. I stocked them up good with a huge head of lettuce, seed, plenty of water and food, and a nice clean coop the morning before we left to go north for Christmas. I knew they would be fine, but it was still nice to come home. And what a welcoming we had! We arrived to the sound of the coyotes howling off in the distance, the sky was gorgeous shades of pink, orange, blue and purple, and three eggs were waiting in the nest boxes! I was overjoyed! We haven't seen a 'real' egg since Thanksgiving!

One more week of relaxation and then back to the grind. How time flies when you want it to go slow. I think I will force myself to take this week and catch up on some of my crafting. I should be getting a spinning wheel sometime this week, and I can't wait to spin on it! Though I've sure developed some mad drop spindle skills! Perhaps I'll get around to posting some pictures of my creations this week as well. Until then, goodnight from the farm.

No comments:

Post a Comment