Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Feels Like Fall


Wow! It's actually chilly out this morning. I like it! Low to mid 60s I would say. My kind of weather. It feels like fall; may favorite season of the year. They weren't calling for rain, but I can see the clouds across to the next hill emptying their contents on some unsuspecting fields. I suppose you'll have that. Here on my little hill the chickens are foraging and preening. Actually one was just up here sitting on the arm of my chair very interested in what I was doing on my laptop. Gotta love wireless. Kenai, our Old English Sheepdog is eating grass and chewing on one of his frisbees (not simultaneously of course). You should see the corn! Our landlord says it's the tallest in the county. It's taller than me, that's all I can say. It blows that whole "knee high by the forth of July" right out of the water. Even our tiny crop of organic corn is past knee high. The sunflowers are just as high. I'm really happy about them. They'll be good food for the chickens come winters.

I'd be happy to sit here all day like this. Just me and mother nature. Life likes to try to rob us of these peaceful moments. You've got to take advantage of them when you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment