Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Cool Morning in the Country


{play this while reading}

It's been raining A LOT lately. And I mean we've been lucky to get one sunny day out of seven. Not only has it been rainy, but also hot and muggy; the kind where you crawl into bed and feel like you just made it with sheets straight out of the washing machine. Wet. Sticky. Yuck. However, this last slew of storms brought in not only a bit of sunshine, but also cooler weather. The last two nights I slept like a baby!

This morning it was cool enough to need a sweater to go take care of the morning farm chores. I like days like this. The sun was shining bright, and that cool breeze....oh the cool breeze. Nothing could be better. As I drove off to work I plugged in my iPhone and turned on my Nickel Creek station in Pandora. On came a song called "Big Country" done by Bela Fleck and Edgar Meyer (posted above). There couldn't have been a more perfect song to describe how I was feeling. It was like the soundtrack to my life at that moment in time. I drove slowly and deliberately down off the hill this morning. Looking over the fields, watching the farmers already at work, breathing in the sweet summer air. This was one of those small glimpses into heaven, I think. For one short moment all the rest of the world melts away and you are just at peace. Everything is as it should be. Like God opens up the sky and what shines down is a reflection of what is to come. A window into another dimension. A place where time no longer exists. No deadlines. No timelines or places we have to be. We just exist. We are all connected somehow to the earth and the light. We work the land together and share in the profits. There's not more sadness or regret, only peace and joy. Sounds like a place where I'd like to stay forever.

2 comments:

  1. A friend of mine says, I look forward to being with you all in Glory! And glorious it will be:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's really nice babe. I hope your day continues to be so good.

    ReplyDelete