Wednesday, June 2, 2010

An Amigurumi Adventure


This past winter I taught my self how to knit (with a little help from all the wonderful videos on YouTube), for one reason, and one reason only....the book pictured above. I can't even remember how I stumbled upon this artist on Etsy, but being a fellow 'creature' lover, I was absolutely captivated by her designs. At the time I was an avid crocheter, but none of the crocheted amigurumi patterns came close to the uniqueness of these. So I set out on a journey to begin learning some basic techniques and honing in on my skills as a knitter. A few days ago, I decided to purchase Amigurumi Knits by Hansi Singh and give it a go. She has cleverly organized the creatures in to related sections; starting with vegetables, then moving on to under water creatures, backyard critters, and finally mythical creatures. There are 20 patterns in all. I can't wait to start! I had to order my needles online as I couldn't find the right size and length at any of the nearby stores. I've decided that I am going to start at the beginning of the book and knit my way to the end! There are a few that I absolutely can't wait to knit, but I won't give away any details. Stay tuned for 'creature' number 1...

No comments:

Post a Comment