Thursday, January 14, 2010

Wool and Sunshine

I woke up this morning to the sunshine illuminating my bedroom. Even though I'm still trying to get over this cold, and even though I'm still coughing like an asthmatic ready to pass out, nothing could extinguish the joy I had as I walked outside! It's a rare site to behold here, folks! And certainly nothing to be taken advantage of in these parts. Apparently the chickens thought so too, because the all but plowed me over as I opened their door to give them fresh water. It was a stampede of 11 chickes; if chickens even can stampede. I was glad to see them want to get out, flap their wings and forage the farmyard. They've preferred to stay close to or inside their coop for a few weeks now. A little sunshine will do us all a lot of good.

So above is the newest addition to my fiber arts life! I'm so excited! I've been dreaming of a spinning wheel since I started spinning last winter! Don't get me wrong, I got pretty darn good and fast at spinning on a drop spindle. But nothing compares to this! It's like a luxury! Now she might not been all that much to look at, but she's mine, and for all I can tell, spins like a dream. I've been spinning up a storm since I got her over Christmas break. I'll make sure to post some pictures of the results.

No comments:

Post a Comment