Sunday, January 17, 2010

Bunnies Coming Soon!

Well here it it is! The new home to my soon to be fiber bunnies (a.k.a. Angora Rabbits). Yes folks, my first very own fiber animals; and am I ever excited! This hutch was an amazing find on craigslist.com at only $45. I couldn't even built it for that price. This is someone's winter hobby and very well built. I might have to purchase another as I'll need to keep bucks and does separate. Hopefully next weekend it will have an occupant! More to come on that...

So the nice sunny weather that graced us intermittently the past few days has now turned into rain. I can't complain so much as most of the snow has melted and the chickens are enjoying having some grass to forage, rain and all. As I went out to retrieve the products from this morning's egg laying festivities I found my poor little silkie, Delilah seemingly soaked to the bone. She's the little hen that didn't know how to be a chicken when I first got her. She's certainly making up for lost time free ranging. Most days, she's the first one out and the last one in. She doesn't care what the weather's like (obviously), she wants to be outside enjoying it all. Fortunately it's still warm enough that I don't have to worry about her freezing. I've gone out on other occasions and found her with icy spikes on top of her head. This wouldn't be the first time I'd have had to take a blow dryer to her. Silly little hen!

Most of the weekend has been spent knitting and spinning. Oh how I wish I could make a living from this. What bliss that would be! There were other things I probably should have been doing, but my how that fiber kept calling my name. How gratifying it is to hold a finished ball of yarn in your hands and know that you've spun it yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment