Monday, October 29, 2012

Frankenstorm

A recent screen shot from The Weather Channel.  
Who would have thought that living on the western border of Pennsylvania we would be closing things up for a hurricane?  I certainly wouldn't have.  I was living in Virginia Beach during Isabel, and that was quite an experience, but I never thought that in moving back to PA, I would experience another hurricane.  And here we are.  In the middle of what is being called Frankenstorm - partly named for Halloween, I suppose, and the other part because its such a monster of a storm.   Now we tend to experience ridiculous winds up here on the hill, but these experienced today truly beat all.  Fortunately I was able to get all the animals fed, bedded down, and all closed up before the worst of it hit around 5pm this evening.  The sound of the wind outside is tremendous!  The house is creaking and cracking under its force.

Surprisingly, so far we only lost power for about an hour earlier this evening.  It was of course while we were making dinner.  We decided to run down into town and grab a pizza, and of course came back to find the electric restored.  What are you going to do?  I have a feeling, however, that another outage is imminent.  So I think I am going to call it a night, head to bed, and hope to wake up with the house still in it's original spot!  =)

No comments:

Post a Comment