Sunday, March 7, 2010

A Pluckin'


Mr. Buns got his first hair pluckin' today. As you can see, there wasn't much left of him. He looks a little pathetic after this event, but it just made me want to cuddle him all the more. I made him a yellow fleece coat to wear to get him through the colder March nights.

You can't deny that he's pretty cute. I've checked on him tonight more times than I'll admit. This was my first time collecting the angora, and I'd be lying if I told you I didn't feel bad. I gave him some extra fleece to lay on, a piece of an old blanket, and a towel wrapped around the edges. The coat covers his core, but that poor bare butt is hanging right out. I tried to convince my husband that we should just bring him to bed with us, but apparently I wasn't very convincing . Alas, Mr. Buns remains in his hutch. We did however install 'windows' so that Mr. Buns could see Mrs. Buns. I think they do better when they can see each other. Once the weather stays a bit warmer, I will attempt to breed them again. I can't wait to have a bunch of Little Buns hopping around the farm.

No comments:

Post a Comment