Saturday, February 27, 2010

Mornings Like These

It's mornings like these that I live for. Our little farm sits perfectly up on top of a hill, providing us with the most gorgeous sun and moon rises and sets. As soon as walked out of the front door with a bucket of fresh water for the chickens I was met with the magenta sunrise just barely peeping over the horizon. I dropped the bucket and scrambled back into the house to grab my camera, then proceeded to snap about a dozen pictures of the sunrise at various stages of it's rebirth that morning. I felt blessed to capture such an intimate moment with mother nature.

These past few weeks have been quite busy. We've had snow.....snow.....and more snow! I'm beginning to wonder if it is ever going to end. I'm told this much snow is atypical for this area. So much for global warming. We have FEET of it. I even had an entire week off of work due to the state of emergency we were under. Today I bought myself two pots of bulb flowers: tulips and hyacinths. They should bloom within the next week I suspect. I placed them on one of my windowsills in attempt to scare off old man winter. I'll let you know if it works! Yes, I'm feeling desperate! I dream of lush gardens of flowers and vegetables, of spring chicks and bunnies. I can't wait to get into the dirt! Oh, and speaking of Mrs. Bun Bun, it appears that she was not pregnant after all. Her due date would have been this past Tuesday.....no babies came. No worries though. I'll breed her again once the weather breaks and I don't have to worry about bringing her inside to give birth. For now I'll just enjoy the amazing fiber they both give me. They're due for a pluckin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment