Thursday, May 17, 2012

A Much Anticipated Break


Yay!  I made it through another busy semester and now I have a couple weeks to get caught up around the farm.  Monday was officially my last day, and I have spend the past two days sewing up a storm and getting some more baskets listed on Etsy (including the one above - don't you just LOVE those colors!?).  I finished a few Baprons (baby aprons) for a friend, and made a few for my next door neighbor's little one.  It's such a fun and simple pattern!  I also finished an adult apron pattern that I'm working on.




A few months ago I bought the Book "Spin Art" by Jacey Boggs (a fabulous book, which I'll blog about another time).  It came with a DVD where she demonstrates some of the spinning techniques.  And I noticed that she was wearing a long apron while she was spinning.  That of course got me thinking, "Why haven't I thought about that before?"  I'm always covered from head to toe with fiber when I spin.  Wearing an apron would be a perfect solution.  So I began designing my own - a Craft Apron.  I think the pattern still has room to grow, but I'm loving it's development.  I've made a bunch as I've been tweaking the pattern and am hoping to offer them on Etsy soon.  Actually this one above was suppose to be for sale, but I made enough "mistakes" that I didn't feel I could sell it.  So, I'll add it to my own personal collection.  =)  I love this fabric!


Those patterns go so perfectly together.  Perhaps I will have to make another like this.  

There is so much that needs to be done around the farm.  While we got our garden fenced in, only one 4X4 plot is ready to be planted.  I think I will put in some purple potatoes I found.  We did sweet potatoes two summers ago and they grew wonderfully.  But the red potatoes we planted last year - not so much.  I'm a little overwhelmed this year by what to plant.  I'm going to move the sunflowers up to line the garage.  I think they will look so pretty there.  That will free up some room.  We also will have the "experimental" plot free for more vegetables this summer.  Our experimental plot ended up being flax from the rabbit food.  It sure was pretty to watch grow.  I might just have try planting some in a pot for the fun of it.  Either way, I'd like to get the garden in before June this year.  We were a bit behind last summer.  That's coming up soon.  

1 comment:

  1. You are so creative! Love the colorful basket and that apron is so cute.

    ReplyDelete