Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Bramble's Arrival

Baby Bramble, not even 2 hours old.
So she finally arrived; Tuesday of last week.  There has been so much going on that this post has been in the works for over a week now.  A classic alpaca birth, so I'm told.  I'd been waiting for the call that Bracken was going into labor for over a week prior; ready to drop everything when my phone rang.  See, we still board our alpacas on another farm, and that farm is 50 minutes from home and 1:15 from work.  So I was sure that by the time she started showing signs of delivery, she would have already delivered by the time I got there.  It just so happened that I did indeed arrive in time though.  And not a minute too soon.  There were 2 little hooves and a nose just peeking out of the birth canal.  On went the camera and out came a beautiful baby girl!  In less than 3 minutes no less!



We were so thankful to see that healthy baby girl.  She was up and nursing with in an hour and a half.  It's amazing to watch how quickly these events take place.  And as I looked at her standing next to her mamma, I though, "How on earth did she fit in there?"  She's all legs!

Baby Bramble next to mamma Bracken

By the following day, she was galavanting around the pasture with the rest of them.  Rolling in the grass and just enjoying the fine weather.  I can't wait to see how her fiber develops.  She's just the softest little thing.  


No comments:

Post a Comment