Sunday, July 25, 2010

Sun and Moon


It's been ridiculously hot and humid the past few days. So much so that I lost a silkie peep because of it. One of our little gray babies. There are two other runts that are questionable as well. They were hatched a couple of days after the other ones, so they are still little runts. Though it has cooled of significantly since last night's series of rain storms, I still took them in for most of the day to try to get them hydrated and fed a little bit. The one can't seem to keep itself awake; the other seems to be peeping along better. I thought I would bring them back out with their mamma and brothers and sisters and see how they do. I will bring them back inside if I have to, but nothing will ever compare to being raised by the mamma hen. I'm sitting outside as I type keeping a close eye on the situation. All the other chickens seem very curious about what I'm doing. Crooked Beak even spent some time sitting on the arm of my chair watching for a bit.
Tonight's the full moon. I think, just maybe, my moon flower (above) is going to bloom. I've also heard these referred to as Jacob's Trumpet. Perhaps because they produce these magnificent white flowers. The plants and garden have enjoyed the rain immensely. One of my sunflowers also stared to bloom today as well. How fitting it would be to have the sun and moon all in one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment