Sunday, September 16, 2012

Many Irons in the Fire, Zendala Dare #22, and Diva Challenge #86

Hmm....I can't remember what this pattern is called...
I'm a little behind on posting my (second) Zendala Dare #22 from last week.  Talking to my mom earlier this evening I told her that I wasn't just burning the candle at both ends, I felt like I was burning a stick of dynamite at both ends.  I just have too many irons in the fire at the moment and need to slow down.  While it may seem that taking on new "challenges/dares" would just be adding another iron, it actually helps me to slow down a bit and focus my thoughts, something I so desperately need right now.  Unlike many of my other creative ventures, I don't zentangle for anyone but myself.  And this week I had so much fun with the "monodala" dare that I had to decorate all three sizes of the template.  

What I like to call, "Zombie Eyes"
Triangle Variations
I then moved on to the Diva Challenge, to "break free" from the confinement of the lines.  I actually drew a string for this one, thinking that my "box" would be what I break free from, yet still stay within the lines of my string.  That, however, did not happen.  The string was completely disregarded, and this is what came out.
This one felt very organic!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, the organic tile of diva challenge #86 is really great.

    ReplyDelete