Monday, November 14, 2011

Autumn's Final Hoorah?


This just came out of nowhere.   I checked the weather earlier this evening and (I'm not sure how) I completely missed this.  The storm is long, extending all the way from Oklahoma to New Hampshire.  By the the time I realized what was happening I was battling 60 mph winds in attempts to keep my rabbits covered.  See we re-tarped the hutches in preparation for winter.  Unfortunately the new tarp is not as heavy and blows all over the place.  It was our goal to construct sort of a suspended tarp weight that would help to anchor it during storms likes these.  I now fully understand it's necessity.  With the winds we get on an almost daily basis up here, it needs to be done ASAP.  In the mean time, I did my best to anchor it for now in the hopes that they will fair this storm at least.  I think the worst of it has past now.  I wasn't just wet when I came back in the house, you could ring me out!  I suppose this is autumn's last hoorah before winter sets in and those winds carry white outs instead of just rain.

I hope everyone else out there is staying dry.

3 comments:

  1. The wind blew my door right out of my hands last night! I'm going to post about the alpaca yarn this week. I knit slow so the vest I'm knitting for my baby won't be done for a while, but I want to post about how wonderful the yarn is. I learned with some yarn I had laying around. What a difference the yarn makes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to comment on the same post, I don't know if you'll see my reply on yours. We live just a little South of PGH, probably very close. You are probably a bit more rural than we are though.

    Your hometown is about five miles from my parent's camp in Wetmore. We come up several times a year, and my parents suggested the the festival was great and that we should make that part of our trip. Isn't it funny how we live so close now but our paths crossed up there?

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) finished the vest! Check it out on my blog!

    ReplyDelete