Friday, February 5, 2010


Rumor has it there's a storm a brewin'. One that could possibly bring a couple feet of snow in the next 48 hours. Funny how the worst of our snow this season seems to be coming up from the south; go figure. I work until 2pm and am hoping that things stay calm enough for me to get home. Somehow an over-nighter in my office just doesn't sound as appealing as my own warm bed with a warm fuzzy dog and snoring husband by my side. Not sure what I've got in the house to sustain us if travel is an impossibility, but I do know one thing for sure...there's plenty of eggs! (as you can see) My hens have been laying like mad! Not sure but this storm might slow things down a bit. They're sure going to be unhappy once they see all that white stuff again. They've really been enjoying these mild days of foraging. I've tried to sit them down and explain that is 'winter' after all. They don't seem to pay me much mind and continue to cluck and crow, irritated that I'm blocking their flow of traffic. Perhaps 2 feet of snow will adjust their attitudes.

No comments:

Post a Comment